What would you do if it snowed tonight?
Chances are, at some point this winter bad weather will impact the running of your setting. Rather than react on the spot to overnight snow, you can put in a place a Bad weather policy and procedure to reduce the adverse affect on your business. To help you, we have created a Bad weather policy template, which you can amend to suit your setting. Members can download it for free now from our Policies & Procedures page.
When developing your Bad weather policy, whether or not you use our template, there are a number of areas we think you should consider:
1. How you will ensure parents are aware that whilst you recognise their need for reliable childcare, there may be times when, due to bad weather, you may need to alter your normal offering at short notice.
2. How you will reduce the impact of bad weather on the operation of your setting, for example through:
- Asking parents to provide winter outdoor wear for their child
- Clearing snow from your path / driveway as soon as practical
- Updating parents regularly on the status of your setting, so that they can plan for contingencies or be reassured that your setting is open.
3. How setting opening hours may change in the event of bad weather – both when the weather turns bad during normal opening hours and when bad weather arrives overnight.
4. What you will charge if you have to close due to bad weather.
Thanks for reading,
The information contained in our blogs, newsletters, resources and website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by us and we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to our blogs, newsletters and website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website, blog or newsletters for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of our blogs, newsletters, resources or website.